Carols for Choirs
In celebration of Sir David Willcocks (1919 – 2015) centenary year (2019), Oxford University Press and Paul Noble are presenting accompanying and compatible Concert/Wind Band arrangements of many of the Christmas carols in the famous books of Carols for Choirs. Here are the points of interest:
- The band arrangements are faithful transcriptions of the original orchestra or instrumental presentation, including the published key signature (with some exceptions of a change of key, i.e. from B-major to B-flat major, etc).
- Although the arrangements are intended as accompaniment to choirs, they may be performed by band alone.
- The arrangements are generally technically very easy to perform, and are generally voiced complete within each family of instruments, giving flexibility to vary the accompaniment background as may be desired.
- If keyboard accompaniment is available, any assortment of band instruments may be used to enhance the keyboard instrument.
- The band arrangements include the choral parts as reference, but they are not included in the purchase of the material.
- When performing as a band alone piece, the arranger offers to adjust key signatures on purchased titles to be more compatible with band instruments, i.e., titles originally scored in D-major can be adjusted to E-flat major, etc. Just email Paul@Bandmusicpdf.net with your request for change.
This is an ongoing effort, with new titles being completed weekly. Please visit this site often to see new works as they are added. If you have a special request for a carol you do not see, please email me: Paul@Bandmusicpdf.net. Thanks so much for your interest and support of this project! PN